Friday, February 6, 2009

Update 1 - Thrill of the Hunt

So I blogged awhile ago about trying to find things I need 2nd hand before buying brand new. If you missed that blog, read here. I haven't been very successful lately. The one item I was looking for was luggage. I tried to find some 2nd hand but didn't find any in time so Dad and I got some new (on sale of course!). Someone did tell me afterwards that you can often find good luggage at the Interfaith Furniture shop on 35 ave NE. I've been there before but not for years. It's time I check it out again.

Anyways, so I want to keep myself accountable with this idea. I've added a list of the items I am looking for on the right side of the blog. Perhaps you have what I need, or maybe you've seen something I need locally 2nd hand. Then when I get the item I will give an update. That goes for when I have to give in and buy new as well. I've realized time plays a big part of whether or not I buy new or used. So I am trying to get into the habit of looking far ahead of when I really need something (for example, the twin bed).

Right now I am most in need of the white noise machine since I left ours at the hotel in Florida. It wouldn't be a vacation without leaving something behind.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a captin's bed, and eric carle books....

Kelsey Fiona said...

What is a white noise machine?

xmomx said...

It's that noisey thing that I always have in Stinx room.

Kelly said...

Do you like garage sales? We should hit some up this spring! There are awesome ones around here. I got luggage last year before we went to Ontario for 5 weeks for like, $4 total, yay!

xmomx said...

I LOVE garage sales :)