Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Stinx

Two years ago I was stoned out of my tree in a hospital room. I might have been high as a kite, but I was extremely euphoric with the love for my baby boy. Sure, the birth didn't go as I had prayed for, or planned for, and sure, I get depressed thinking about that stuff, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the happiest day of my life. It doesn't mean I was joyless. I was thrilled to be a mom. I was thrilled to see the little baby that grew inside of me those 39 weeks.

It's hard to believe two years has flown by so quickly. I know, how cliche. But really, it's unbelievable. Stinx is truly a boy now, not a baby. He is running, climbing, jumping, dancing, talking.. and just surprising me every day with all the things he is learning. He is figuring stuff out all the time.

Here are just a few things I want to remember most about Stinx when he turned 2:
  • His love for buses, trucks, trains, planes, boats etc
  • His love of books and being read too
  • His growing vocabulary... like "fall down"... when mommy fell in the snow... lol.
  • How he likes to hold hands with his little pals
  • How he asked me for a hug this morning at 5am! lol...
  • The unexpected hug he gave me later in the am which was followed by a surprise kiss

No comments: