Friday, October 31, 2008

Feverama

Stinx is experiencing his very first fever. It started the night before last. He had woken up at 4am, super hot and sweaty. Now, Stinx' room is the coolest in the house. I find it absolutely freezing in there between 1am-7am. So I could tell right away something was off since he was so hot to the touch. I took off his sleep sack, peeled off his pj's and noticed his diaper was soaked. Dad had put him to bed that night so I was thinking he must have drank a lot of milk. Anyways, so I brought him to my bed, gave him some Tylenol and then he nursed back to sleep. He woke up at 7am and his body felt cool. The rest of the day his temperature was quite normal. I asked Dad and he said Stinx hardly drank any milk the night before. So I tried to give him lots of fluids during the day.

His nap was a little rough yesterday. He woke up after 1.5 hrs and was very cranky. I decided to nurse him to see if he'd feel better. Instead he nursed right back to sleep. He slept almost 3 hours in total which is quite long for him.

Last night after his bath he was shivering so bad. His body felt warm from the bath but he was shivering. I got him into his pj's and sleep sack and he fell asleep pretty quickly. He whimpered a bit in his sleep last night and then woke up at 3:45am. I brought him into the bed with me and he was very very warm again. I took him out of the sleep sack and tried to give him Tylenol but he refused. I didn't take his pj's off because I was afraid he might get chills. He fell asleep and woke up still very warm despite having no blanket on. I took his temperature and it was 39.1. I took his pj's off and right away his body seemed to cool down to 37. I felt like an idiot for not taking his pj's off earlier. I just didn't want him to go from one extreme to the other.

We went out this morning to get some portraits done (hmmm. yah, not the greatest idea. I thought being out might distract him and since we already had an appt) But on the car ride home he fell asleep! It was like 10:15. He napped until 11:30am and then when I nursed him again (I have to keep his fluids up) he fell asleep again. Poor guy. He's still sleeping and it's almost 1pm.

There might be a trip to the doctor or hospital if he doesn't feel better soon. I'm almost 99% positive its because all of those eye/canine teeth are coming in at once. I've heard stories of kids having to go to the hospital because of teething related fevers.

My poor little guy.

:(

No comments: