Thursday, January 8, 2009

Zoo outing

The day before last Dad told me it was going to be a balmy 8 degrees Celsius. Right away I knew I wanted to take Stinx to the zoo. When I checked the forecast that night, it said the high was supposed to be -4 instead. I decided we'd still go since we hadn't been in awhile. So yesterday morning I bundled Stinx up very warmly. He wore a pair of babylegs, lined pants, a onsie, a sweater, his jacket, his Robeez boots, his Stonz boots over top, a toque, mitts, and he had his hood up.
For those of you not from my neck of the woods, this is a view of the river from the Zoo bridge.
When we got in the car the news radio said the temperature was -13. Oh my! Well we had a blast being the only people there at 9am. We got to see the elephants swimming in their pool and then having a snack. We got a really nice view of the Gorillas and the baby one playing. Stinx even got to visit 2 tortoises. One of which wanted to sniff his boots (and mine). It was a good time. It had snowed a little bit so I decided to carry Stinx for the first part of the trip. I realized we don't have any pics of him in the ToddlerHawk. And those are fond memories I know I'll want pics of when he is older. So we took a shot while in the Australian exhibit (at least I think that's what its called). Notice the cute little creature on the bottom right. I totally meant to remember it's name but of course my memory is lacking (which is why I will need pics of Stinx in the ToddlerHawk).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great picture! I can't wait to go back to the zoo, but Spud won't wear mitts...

Kelsey Fiona said...

We'll have to go to the Zoo when I'm back in the spring!