Thursday, November 20, 2008

Good Bye Retro High Chair

This is my delicious Tuna Casserole. MMM. I love it. Too bad no one else in the family likes it. I've tried offering it to Stinx a few times but he never even swallows the first bite. Dad on the other, is extremely lactose intolerant, and usually won't bother to eat it. And, I understand that. BUT, I don't think its fair that he risks eating things like Blizzards from dairy Queen and overdosing on the lactose pills. So anyways, I usually eat the whole casserole myself in a couple days.
I've been trying to clear some of the stuff out of our basement lately. So far I gave away the futon, a baby walker and now the Retro High Chair. I bought the chair when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant. I found it on local site similar to craigslist. I thought it was the greatest high chair ever. And it is... as far as looks go. It's a beautiful old relic. I naively thought that this chair would be practical for Stinx.. Well once Stinx turned 6 months and I started him on rice cereal, I realized there was no way I'd stick my baby in there. The chair is probably most practical for a 1-3 year old. And even then, there are no straps to keep them in the seat. Originally the chair is designed so that you flip the tray up and the child sits in it, and then put the tray down. However small children like Stinx could slip right under the tray. So needless to say, we only used this high chair once he was older and very rarely at that. I didn't buy classic modern high chairs, I bought the type that sit on top of a normal kitchen chair.
The beautiful old retro high chair has been living a simple life in our basement. Until this morning. Yesterday morning I emailed a local restaurant to see if they'd like it. It's a retro diner and they have the exact same style of high chairs. I know this because Stinx had to use one of them this summer. It was a painful dining experience only because Stinx kept trying to climb out of the chair. Anyways, the restaurant called me back and they totally wanted it. Awesome! So I'm $40 richer and the high chair is living a more exciting life in a neat, trendy, busy, urban retro diner.
Stinx seated in the high chair for the last time. Well, until we go back to Diner Deluxe.
On a totally different note, Stinx is petrified of fruit flies. He freaks every time he sees one. He shots, "Bug! Bug!" and points. And because fruit flies are so small, I can never see them and I say, "Show me? I can't see it. There are no bugs!". And then a second later, of course I see it. My poor son, terrified of bugs. All because of the ladybug.

2 comments:

Kelsey Fiona said...

I really like the look of the high chair, i probably like that style cause of you.
Stinx looks cute as always.

xmomx said...

When your here for Christmas we'll totally go for breakfast at the Diner Deluxe. Maybe I could invite a cute, tattoo'd male friend.