Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thrill of the Hunt Update

So I haven't really posted about my Thrill of the Hunt Challenge. I've been able to find a few things second hand. We did end up buying two twin captain's beds and mattresses secondhand. They weren't cheap but in really good condition and were pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I've been finding tons of great books second hand lately. Lots of kids books as well as parenting books. Just today I found a book that I have had on hold at the Library and it's in perfect shape. I paid $2.50 for it. I also found a really sweet set of glasses and a Pitcher at Good Will. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of me, like 10 years ago.
*
Right now I am starting to potty practice more often with Stinx and am desperately seeking two piece pj's for a 2 year old. His room is freezing cold and I usually put him in fleece sleepers as well as his sleep sack. But I find that the sleeper and sleep sack make it more difficult getting to the potty in the morning. Stinx just doesn't like having his sleep sack and pj's taken off. I figure if we switch to 2 peice pj's and a pair of socks it might help. It won't be so bad if I just pull his pants off. The sleep sack thing I might keep around till its a bit warmer out. Come the summer I want to wean Stinx off of it. I haven't had much luck with pj's at the thrift stores but I do have some leads from kijiji.
*
I also want to find a tricycle. That could be a pretty fun summer activity.
*
I can't wait for garage sale season :)

No comments: