Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tiny Friends

I think I may have unintentionally brought some friends home from work last night. And I'm not talking about clients. I'm talking bugs.
I'm probably just being paranoid. But I did hug quite a few people, more than usual, and when that happens, the possibility is there.

This happened once before when I was pregnant with Stinx. I kept finding tiny little things in my hair and my head was itchy. I remember it was a Saturday morning and I was so paranoid about it that I went to a walk in clinic. I got in to see the doctor very quickly (I only go as soon as the clinic opens). She was a very nice and polite doctor. She took a quick look at my head and made it very clear.... I was just a paranoid pregnant lady. No bugs. Only dandruff.

Last night I was working in a part of the shelter where I had worked for 4 years. It's the busiest part of the building. There were many people that recognized me and wanted to come say hello with a hug. Hence all the hugs. As I hugged each of my friends the thought of cross contamination did fly through my mind. To me it's worth the risk. And I'm not actually supposed to hug people so I try to just do the quick side hug. It's the full on hugs that are more risky. The hugs where your hair touches each others.

And this evening I have noticed my head is itchy. Hmmm. Am I just being paranoid? Probably.. I've been through this worry before. But I guess there's always a chance.

Wouldn't be my first time with bugs though. No sir-ee. Had them in the 4th grade as well as summer camp.


That's my street cred. I've had lice.

As I type this I am itching away.

Maybe I should get some lindane shampoo?

I just told Dad and he is freaking out. LOL.

I'm sure I am just paranoid.

****

After doing some "googling" it seems I am just paranoid. It's just one of those things. - as soon as you think of lice, you just get itchy. But I am thinking of buying some Tea Tree Oil or Nix, just to have around in case I get overly paranoid. LOL.

No comments: