Sunday, February 7, 2010

My buddies

Today Stinx, Bitta and I went and hung out with the grandparents and Anti-Kels. As I was driving home I started to think about my pals from work. I quit at the end of October. So I guess its been about 3.5 months since I was at the Drop In. Now 3.5 months doesn't seem that long but to me it feels like ages. I hate being away from the shelter for more than a couple months at a time. So much happens there in just a week. When months go by a lot happens. I know the next time I chat with a staff member they'll be telling me so and so passed away. Thats what breaks my heart. I hate hearing about the deaths. It bothers me even more than I never make it to their funerals because I simply don't hear about them.

Obviosusly I don't want to go back to work right now. I guess I'm just saying that I miss my friends down there and I'm wondering how they're all doing. Some of my homeless friends have emails and cell phones.. perhaps I will just have to make more effort in keeping in touch.

And on a totally different topic.. I forgot to add in my birth story about my meal before labour started. The night I went to the hospital with Stinx, Dad and I went to the east Indian restuarant Tiffin. Although my labour didn't start and I was only going to the hospital to get checked, the Tiffin Meal was my last meal outside of the hospital before Stinx was born. The night before I had Bitta I picked up some Tiffin and brought it home for us to eat. That was before I shoveled the walk... Isn't that weird? Tiffin is closely associated with my kids births. Bizzare.

No comments: